Assessing your risk
- Your life-time risk should be estimated by your Breast Clinician.
- A thorough history with your appropriate imaging will assist in stratifying one into a risk category.
- When to start, the frequency of your screening, and the radiological screening method best suited for YOU; should be discussed with you by your clinician.
- For Average life-time risk females – Recommendations for screening include :
- Monthly Self-Breast Examinations (SBE)
- Annual to biennial Mammograms commencing between 40 to 50years of age;
- Annual Clinical Breast Examination (CBE) by an experienced breast clinician;
- For Elevated life-time risk (>20%) females – Screening recommendations are individualized based on the predisposition